Since I first began my process of becoming a complete gym rat…I have gone from not taking a bag….to working out at nights..to working out after work to working out before work…each situation changes just what I may need in my bag for the day!
I wake up at 5:00 am each morning to have a pre-gym snack do some stretching and prepare for the day… then about 5:45 I head out for the gym! My daily load of stuff I have to carry is really A LOT. I work from 9:30-6:00 so I really don’t have the time after my gym routine to come back home and get ready so I have to be 100% prepared everyday! All of this revolves solely around my gym bag I would be lying if I said i didn’t rely on my gym bag to keep me sane each day! During the work week I have completely given up even carrying a purse! There is no point! I have so much already! I also cannot leave my gym bag in the car because my make up and lotion begins to melt and I also don’t want anyone being tempted to break in!
So on a typical day this is what i look like leaving the house: What am I carrying? A red breakfast lunchbox which carries pre-measured granola, pre measured oats, pre-measured blueberries and water. my green lunch bag..which carries pre-measured Salad with premeasured: onion, banana peppers, cheese. it carries 2 cups of steamed green beans and greek yogurt. so 1 lunch box isn’t even an option…meal preppers know just how much room meal prepping containers can take up! Then I have my yoga mat for my 1 hour lunch break…i tend to use it outside and stretch and read! Then I have 1 out of of the 3 gym bags I have… I have 1 actual gym bag thats ADIDAS brand and has all the organized pockets…but what i have found recently is half of the pockets are USELESS! I need the open space inside the gym bag to place all my stuff in! not these small pockets to shove things in! So i tried my ed hardy duffel..i used it for 2 days it wasn’t awful but also wasn’t great!
THEN…dundundun. On my lunch break I went to A.C. Moore a craft store looking for some stuff to buy things for a DIY Bridesmaid project for my wedding that is less than 2 months away…omg cry… EEK! and I ended up finding a duffel I fell in love with!!! Its HUGE on the inside don’t let the outside fool you! has two outside pockets on each side which I can put my car keys, gum and phone and chapstick (since I don’t carry a purse) and the other side pocket carries my water bottle…the inside is large and has a small zip up pocket which doesn’t get in the way! and I Love it so far!
^^^ So that was yesterday me all excited!! 🙂 Now When I got to packing all my gym stuff I loved it even more! It can fit everything perfectly fine!
So this is basically what my gym bag usually consists of!
- Work clothes for after work..and my work tennis shoes so I don’t wear out my gym shoes
- my blue “wipe this sweat off NOW towel”
- box in the back is baby wipes..they do work wonders when i have no time to shower
- along with baby wipes the green tupperware holds body powder! ❤ LOVE.
- water bottle
- adidas sandals-shower sandals/walk around locker room sandals
- the pink chevron back is where all my sweaty clothes go after–it has a plastic lining on the inside so i can wipe it down every night when i unpack my sweaty clothes
- the purple chevron bag holds make up, comb, and deoderant
- the floral print bag holds my two sets of head phones, locker lock, lotion, and my workout gloves
- the green thing is my tablet (cause i don’t carry a purse)
- then I have my calendar in the back which has my weekly goals and my routine for the day
- pink wallet in front of the calendar
- gym gloves!
what do you guys carry!?